OUR JOURNEY TO
Meet the Team (again)
We knew music would play a huge role in our short film since there would be no dialogue. Sometimes, I feel telling a story through visuals can be stronger than the spoken words as there are no language barriers. The music accompanying the moving images alone can be understood universally across audiences of all ages - hence our decision to make Kaghati dialogue-less. But who would compose the music for our short film?
It’s pretty weird to think how people can happen to meet at the right time. It was very out of the blue when Jessa Alfajardo, my senior from high school, reached out to me this one day. She was telling me about her Indonesian friend who’s interested in music composing, specifically for animation! I thought to myself, “Hmm, what a perfectly-timed coincidence?” That person was Lauryn Vania Kurniawan, who ended up being our composer and sound designer for Kaghati!
So, as of the end of March 2020, our team members were:
(along with it is our initial roles)
- Stanley Soendoro: Lead Animator (myself)
- Amanda Jayapurna: Lead Lighting & Environment TD
- Andreas Smidt: Lead Character Modeling TD
- Christian Rodriguez: Lead Character Effects TD
- Lorena Da Silva: Lead Look Development TD
- Nathan Huseth: Lead Rigging TD, Environment Modeler
- Alyssa Lee: Character Designer, Concept Artist
It’s very humbling to know that I'll be working alongside these talented and creative people! Little did I know that our team will only grow bigger from here, but more on that in a later chapter :)